Tuesday, April 14, 2009

Jimmy John's Officially Sucks

I'll keep this post short, because the title really says it all.

There's a Jimmy John's fairly close to my work. Their website is great. There's a nutritional tracker that allows you to select ingredients and will show you the nutritional content of the sandwich as you add ingredients or take them away. Compared to veggie sandwiches elsewhere, Jimmy John's is pretty healthy (especially if you do it vegan style).

However, I've tried their veggie sandwich and the veggie sub several times now, and they just suck. I've tried them with and without cheese and mayo, added mustard, didn't add mustard....literally there is nothing you can do to fix this sandwich. I love that it has alfalfa sprouts and avocado spread, but the avocado spread must be made from some recipe specially designed to have no flavor what so ever. Next time I get hungry and I want a Jimmy John's sub, I'll just go buy a head of iceberg lettuce and bite into that instead.

So thumbs up for another franchise having veggie friendly offerings - thumbs down on the fact that it ranges from tasteless to tasting bad. Oh, and their sea salt and vinegar chips? Not vegan.

6 comments:

  1. I agree with you on this one. I also despise Panera. Their food is fake food, good for display purposes, not fit for consumption.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What really blows my mind about Panera / Bread Company is that they recently got a lot of fuss in the news as being the healthiest fast food. A full Tomato and Mozzarella on Ciabata sandwich is 780 calories and 30 grams of fat. The tomato soup is ranges from 15 to 30 grams of fat. While it's better than getting something from McMurder, the vegetarian options really aren't that much better from a fat/calorie perspective.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I happen to love Jimmy John's veggie sub. However, the majority of the fat in this is from the mayo. If you either add your own low fat mayo or have none at all then you will be ok. Also, ask for only one slice of cheese instead of the 3 (I think) that they usually add. Also, if you want bread get the whole grain or if you want even less calories choose the lettuce wrap. Either way it's delicious!

    By the way, the comment where Mc Donald's was called Mc Murder is too funny-made me smile:):)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Jimmy John's BLOWS!

    ReplyDelete
  6. You will want to read this - Jimmy John’s Gourmet Sandwiches Sucks http://socialmediabar.com/jimmyjohnssucks

    ReplyDelete