Thursday, January 29, 2009

Recruitage and a recipe

Well I am swamped for time. I will try to find ways to grow this blog, and am currently recruiting authors for this project. I have snagged one, and am in the process of trying to get others.

I figure while I'm posting I will share a recipe that I made, that that my (non vegan) mom absolutely loved. I started by sauteing half a medium/small red onion sliced, getting that going for a minute I added about 5 cloves of roughly chopped garlic. I did this until the onions were caramelized, then added a good bit (maybe about a cup?) of three buck Chuck (Charles Shaw) Cabernet, and decent splash of balsamic vinegar. I let that cook down a good bit (about halfway), and added a jar of Trader Joe's Tomato Basil Marinara pasta sauce. I brought that up to a low simmer on medium/low heat, then added the (drained) penne pasta I had been cooking to the pan. I stirred it all together and served with a side of salad. (I made some croutons earlier, which I added to a bed of mixed greens and my balsamic vinaigrette.)

Quick and easy recipe. Good for when you want a decent meal after you get home from work, but don't feel like making something extra hard. I specialize in those kind of meals.

No comments:

Post a Comment